February 18, 2009

Decorating my office...

Currently I am completely hooked on decorating my office at work. This month marks the 2 year anniversary at my current job - it's about time I get determined to finish decorating my office!

Before I go into my 'Wish list' here's a little background:

  • My office is mainly black, white and orange {school colors}
  • I advise college students - I'm big into inspirational quotes & words.
  • Above my cabinets I already have 2 frosted vases, orange Gerber daisies, a black & white metal container and the work DREAM.
  • Walls: I need to hang my diploma and a frame full of family/friend pic's. (both are neatly rested on top of my desk, leaning against the wall. Never having made it actually on the wall.) One wall has a large framed picture of a white flower - black frame, white mat, white flower with black background. It came with the office; it has to stay with the office.

Wish List:

  • Not certain where I could put it (perhaps hanging below my diploma?) but I absolutely L-O-V-E this!

I think these are just fabulous - wouldn't it be darling to have several different shapes and sizes- some with cork board, some chalkboard, and one with a mirror (there are no mirrors in my office, I need somewhere for a hairclothesteethlipstick check before seeing students & parents!)


  • And finally, in another corner: {though I would love to find a wooden one - perhaps the next time I go to Canton?}






I will try to take some before shots of my office soon, and of course some progress pictures :)

P.S. Skip on over to Hooked on Houses to see what others are hooked on!

post signature

6 comments:

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

Have fun decorating your office!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I really like the corkboards! I could use some of them, but I might spray paint them blue or something. We get a little "color-happy" around here! :-) Have fun!
-Kim

Andi said...

have fun decorating, I like you could make that tea cup holder, but then I'm crafty like that ;) I love uncommongoods stuff so much goodness there!

Suzy said...

I love all that office stuff. I just redid my office in November, mostly everything came from IKEA.
Thanks for Sharing.....

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Decorating an office is so much fun! You can go for a totally different look than your home. Have fun and put some whimsy in it!
~Misti

Rue said...

Really cute ideas!! I especially like the coffee cup hanger thingy :)

rue