February 25, 2009

A busy weekend....

Several posts ago I mentioned a craft day.... that day involved a quilting project - a baby quilt for a dear work friend. Here is a close up of the fabric selection:
....and the final product!



It has been years I think since I have quilted anything - it was a little challenging but all-in-all I really enjoyed quilting again!


For her baby shower I made some cupcakes... ok about 100... Lemon cupcakes with Almond Butter Cream Frosting. The stars, stripes and polka dots are made from fondant that I tinted to coordinate.



I will admit it was an exhausting weekend, but I had a lot of fun with these cupcakes and am already plotting the next experiment.... how about Pina Colada cupcakes with 7 minute Rum Frosting and Cream Cheese seashells? :)


post signature

1 comment:

Songbirdtiff said...

Wow! Your quilt is beautiful. Quilting is an art form that I greatly admire, but am not ready to learn. The cupcakes look yummy, too.