January 31, 2009

Super Bowl Party

I admit - I usually watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. Until a few days ago, I could not have told you who was even playing! But I do know... Super Bowl parties usually have great food. So, bring out the chicken wings, nachos, dips and spreads, pizza, chips, pop and burgers.... and of course, the snack stadium...
(A friend sent me this link & it's just too funny not to share!)


Ultimate Super Bowl Snack Stadium


Let me break down the contents, shall I?

~~~~~~~~~

The Field:
1 Pound of Guacamole
15 Oz. Queso Dip For The Steelers End Zone
15 Oz. Salsa For The Cardinals End Zone
2 Oz. Sour Cream for the Field Lines

The Players:
15 Vienna Sausages
Helmets - 3 Oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese

The Goal Posts:
1 Slim Jim for Each Goal Post
1 Oz. Monterey Jack Cheddar To Anchor (each)

The Stands:
58 Twinkies
{count that people, 5-8-Twinkies!!}
1 Pound of Bacon
1 Bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
1 Bag of Cheetos
1 Bag of Corn Tortilla Chips
1 Bag of Chex Mix

The Blimp:
20 Oz. Football-Shaped Summer Sausage (optional) (on second thought, no, this isn't optional. Go buy one.)
{these previous parenthesis are their additions not mine!}

~~~~~~~

The instructions even break down the nutritional content (frightening) for you, in case you're curious.

I find this wonderful in theory - it's creative and effecient - but Twinkies and bacon? Tthe article points out that the "Twinkie is nature's brick" but how could we substitute the Twinkie? I don't see the Twinkie and bacon as a compatible relationship.

I hope you found this as humorous as I and that you have a lovely weekend. I plan to craft pretty much the entire time (yeah!) and will definitely be taking pictures.

post signature

3 comments:

Pretty Organizer said...

Okay girl, you win for food craft post! We are not the superbowl family at all. We live in AZ and just figured out last week that our team was even a candidate... musicians... go ahead, ask us what's going on at halftime though!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm always shocked, flattered and totally excited to find another person who decided I'm worth it enough to "follow"... I've been at this blogging thing for only 3 months and can't believe how great so many of these ladies are! I look forward to getting to know you and find out what other great things are coming out of your tiny kitchen... I wish I could say I have a big kitchen for my big family... I don't... we have a 3 butt kitchen... that's all that will fit!

Good to meet you! Blessings,
Pretty Organizer

Suzy said...

Thanks for the blog visit. This Super Bowl idea is wonderful. Great for about 30 teenage boys! LOL
Keep it Sweet,
Suzy

Songbirdtiff said...

Twinkies AND guacamole? That is an...interesting...combination. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!