I know it is a month away (Sunday, Feb. 22), but for some reason this year, I really want to have an Oscar's party! So, I'm accumulating ideas, photos, food and wanted to share!
Send electronic invites through Evite – saves paper (be green!) plus the website makes it easy to manage invites, RSVP’s, directions & other important details.
*Paper Lanterns from Oriental Trading
*Select gold, silver, black, white & red items.
*Oriental Trading also has an entire "Movie Party" theme section with decor, tableware, gifts, etc.
- *Champagne, wine, sparkling cider - perhaps serve a signature cocktail or non-alcoholic beverage. Hostess with the Mostess (a wonderful, amazing site) has many wonderful ideas!
- *Be sure to select a few substantial hor dourves – try not to go overboard with too many items; you want to be able to watch the Oscars & enjoy the party as well! Just remember to have at least one protein based & one vegetarian based item to fit guests needs. Simple items such as steamed edamame, prosciutto wrapped melon balls look & taste fabulous but don't require a lot of prep or maintenance time.
- *Dessert: Cupcakes are incredibly popular right now – miniature cupcakes are perfect bite sized sweets, can be made in one large batch & can be decorated to go along with your party theme. Another idea is simply fresh fruit - a bowl of strawberries, pineapple slices, sliced apples with caramel dip can be lovely & provide options for guests.
- *I love Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee - quick & tasty recipes that will allow you to wow guests with your menu AND actually spend the evening at your own party!
- *Prepare ballots with all the Oscar categories (or select a few, main categories such as best picture, best actor/actress, etc.) for guests to place their vote before the ceremonies begin. After collecting the votes – set aside until the awards begin. Then guests can compare votes & who was right. Create a gift for the guest with the correct votes! If you are able: connect your laptop to your television & using Hulu show trailers for the Best Picture candidates before voting to refresh every ones memory.
- *Lights, Camera, Action! Purchase several disposable cameras – or use a Polaroid – & capture the hair, makeup & fashion of your guests for the evening! This is a must if you have guests come dressed in their finest!
- *Best Dressed of the Evening: This could be for the actors or the guests! Simply have a silent ballot vote & tally the answers. Be sure to have a prize if you vote on best dressed among your guests.
Please respond & share more ideas! And of course, leave your blog address & post pictures of your own Movie Parties!